Charlestowne Woodturners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Charlestowne Woodturners

A club for those turning, or wanting to learn woodturning in the Charleston SC area.
The club meets at Hostetler Custom Cabinetry, 403 Fleming Road, Charleston SC, 29412. On the 3rd Wednesday night of each month from 6:30pm-9:00pm.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jimmy Clewes Demo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave W

Dave W

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Jimmy Clewes Demo Empty
PostSubject: Jimmy Clewes Demo   Jimmy Clewes Demo EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:21 pm

I have to put another call in later today to Bill up at Mann Tool, but it looks like this might be shorter than origianlly thought. Turns out Sat they will also be celibrating the clubs anniverary after the demo. I'll post later on the final detailsl.
Back to top Go down
Dave W

Dave W

Jimmy Clewes Demo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Clewes Demo   Jimmy Clewes Demo EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 10:30 pm

Talked to Bill up at Mann, the demo is still on for Sat. 1st, starts at 9 am, looks like they will break for lunch around 12. then get going again at 1 pm. Now the bad news, we may have to go get our own lunch, it turns out that a good majority of their club is showing up for this one. Bill didn't know if there would be enough chow to go around. Anyways, Fred and I planning on going up leaving from my house. If anyone else see's this and plans on going please let me know. If I can get my car her early enough, I have room for 2 more.
Back to top Go down
DougB

DougB

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-11-21

Jimmy Clewes Demo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Clewes Demo   Jimmy Clewes Demo EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 2:03 pm

OK Dave, I know ya'll had a good time. Somebody post the pertinent info about the demo yesterday.

Wish I could have gone.
Back to top Go down
Dave W

Dave W

Jimmy Clewes Demo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Clewes Demo   Jimmy Clewes Demo EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 10:22 pm

Let's see, first he turned an oriental box, then a very thin stem gobblet with a captive ring(simply amazing), then after lunch he started on a platter, couldn't stay for the inside of it, but the bottom was ultra smooth. A very down to earth type of guy. I got to talk to him 1 on 1 for a few minutes during a break about his positioning of the vari-grind leg. I'll go over that one at this month's meeting. I wish everyone could have attended this, but in all we had a good turn out from our group: Both Fred's, Gary, Henry, Dave, and myself were there. The club was very welcoming, they decided to count this like a first meeting attendance and didn't charge the normal $10.00 demo fee, then they fed us and excellent lunch to boot. Managed to squeeze in a tad of shopping of course Laughing before we had to leave.

A couple pics for proof we were there

Jimmy Clewes Demo Img00013

Jimmy Clewes Demo Img00016

Jimmy Clewes Demo Img00017
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jimmy Clewes Demo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Clewes Demo   Jimmy Clewes Demo Empty

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Clewes Demo
Page 1 of 1