Charlestowne Woodturners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Charlestowne Woodturners

A club for those turning, or wanting to learn woodturning in the Charleston SC area.
The club meets at Hostetler Custom Cabinetry, 403 Fleming Road, Charleston SC, 29412. On the 3rd Wednesday night of each month from 6:30pm-9:00pm.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Got an offer to do a demo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave W

Dave W

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Got an offer to do a demo Empty
PostSubject: Got an offer to do a demo   Got an offer to do a demo EmptyFri May 08, 2009 12:04 pm

Well it seems that the past weekend might not have been a total loss.

I recieved a call from Shaun McDonald who works at Pickney Elementary school, which is located in Park West. They are haveing an Arts Festival at the school on Thur. May 28th 5:30pm to 7:30pm. This is being put on to show the students what other areas of art/mediums are out there for them to explore as they get older. They are looking to bring in as many different forms as possible, and thought we would be great to have as well. There is no fee for this little event, we are able to sell if we want to try, what they are really looking for is the demoing on the lathe, and talking with the students about turning.

What I see here is this: There is almost 1000 students enrolled in the school. Last year they estimated about 450 showed up for the event, with them came their parent(s). I think this may be another good opportunity to get out and let them know we are here. I think this one could be done easilly with 3 or 4 of our members, but any that would like to come would be welcomed.

So what do you all think about doing this?
Back to top Go down
ddt

ddt

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Got an offer to do a demo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got an offer to do a demo   Got an offer to do a demo EmptySun May 17, 2009 12:20 pm

i am in
Back to top Go down

Got an offer to do a demo
Page 1 of 1