Charlestowne Woodturners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Charlestowne Woodturners

A club for those turning, or wanting to learn woodturning in the Charleston SC area.
The club meets at Hostetler Custom Cabinetry, 403 Fleming Road, Charleston SC, 29412. On the 3rd Wednesday night of each month from 6:30pm-9:00pm.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jimmy Clewes Turns a Colored Rim Platter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave W

Dave W

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Jimmy Clewes Turns a Colored Rim Platter Empty
PostSubject: Jimmy Clewes Turns a Colored Rim Platter   Jimmy Clewes Turns a Colored Rim Platter EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 2:32 pm

This is a bit long at 1 hour and 16 min, but it is worth it.  For those not up on bowl turning he offers a lot of good advice.  The only thing I would have to comment about is the speeds Jimmy turns at.  I for one I go as fast as I feel it is safe with each of my projects.  Having said that, one 14" bowl may make it up to 600 rpm the entire time on the lathe, where another may see 1800 rpm or better.  It really comes down the wood, what I'm making, and how my sphincter is feeling on any given day.  With that know your limits, and play it safe people Jimmy Clewes Turns a Colored Rim Platter 869911

Here you go.....

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Clewes Turns a Colored Rim Platter
Page 1 of 1