Charlestowne Woodturners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Charlestowne Woodturners

A club for those turning, or wanting to learn woodturning in the Charleston SC area.
The club meets at Hostetler Custom Cabinetry, 403 Fleming Road, Charleston SC, 29412. On the 3rd Wednesday night of each month from 6:30pm-9:00pm.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pen Turning

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave W

Dave W

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Pen Turning Empty
PostSubject: Pen Turning   Pen Turning EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 7:05 am

Having just started out making pens I came across this guy on youtube. He has put together a 9 part series on making a slim-line pen.

Click link to view the first video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNKfFnddIIA
Back to top Go down
Gary

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-11-21

Pen Turning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pen Turning   Pen Turning EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 3:41 am

Very good info in the video. Thanks for posting it
Back to top Go down
Dave W

Dave W

Pen Turning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pen Turning   Pen Turning EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 4:11 am

Gary, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I know quite a few of youtube vids that I have found informative. As not to flood them in all at once, we can post a new one every now and then. Perhaps we could even find one to go along with the challenge put forth each month. Speaking of which, I added a new section to the Info and Resourses category: Monthly Club Challenge. The idea being that if someone is not able to make a meeting, they can still see what is planned for the challenge so they too can participate.
Back to top Go down
DougB

DougB

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-11-21

Pen Turning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pen Turning   Pen Turning EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 10:19 am

Good idea Dave. I really like the monthly challenges. It makes you try some things you might not otherwise try. We can also use that section of the forum to post questions about problems we may be having with the challenge, or solutions/techniques that might be helpful to those who are still working on that months challenge.
Back to top Go down
Dave W

Dave W

Pen Turning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pen Turning   Pen Turning EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 12:28 pm

DougB wrote:
Good idea Dave. I really like the monthly challenges. It makes you try some things you might not otherwise try. We can also use that section of the forum to post questions about problems we may be having with the challenge, or solutions/techniques that might be helpful to those who are still working on that months challenge.

Exactly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pen Turning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pen Turning   Pen Turning Empty

Back to top Go down

Pen Turning
Page 1 of 1