Charlestowne Woodturners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Charlestowne Woodturners

A club for those turning, or wanting to learn woodturning in the Charleston SC area.
The club meets at Hostetler Custom Cabinetry, 403 Fleming Road, Charleston SC, 29412. On the 3rd Wednesday night of each month from 6:30pm-9:00pm.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Duplicator Templates

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jim Reaves

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-06

Duplicator Templates Empty
PostSubject: Duplicator Templates   Duplicator Templates EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 2:06 pm

I am anticipating a requirement for 150 Cigar pens. I have ordered a duplicator to fit my midi but can't find a template for the pen style. Can any of you with experience in making templates give me any pointers?
Back to top Go down
djesde

djesde

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Duplicator Templates   Duplicator Templates EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 4:55 pm

Hey Jim
To make a template. Make one of your cigar pens and use it for your template or you could make a pattern off it.

David J E
Back to top Go down
Jim Reaves

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Duplicator Templates   Duplicator Templates EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:07 am

Thanks David, I think that I want to make a pattern. I just need to figure out how its done as I have never used a duplicator before. Calipers and a pattern board have been my norm for spindles, but this small stuff doesn't fit that mold.
Back to top Go down
Dave W

Dave W

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Duplicator Templates   Duplicator Templates EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:39 am

They are out there:

http://penmakingsupplies.com/Tools/templates.php

http://www.woodenpost.com/products/templates-pen_turning_duplicators.htm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duplicator Templates   Duplicator Templates Empty

Back to top Go down

Duplicator Templates
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlestowne Woodturners  :: Woodturning Gerneral :: Tool Talk-