Charlestowne Woodturners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Charlestowne Woodturners

A club for those turning, or wanting to learn woodturning in the Charleston SC area.
The club meets at Hostetler Custom Cabinetry, 403 Fleming Road, Charleston SC, 29412. On the 3rd Wednesday night of each month from 6:30pm-9:00pm.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dougs Tompson here is the link

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
djesde

djesde

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-01-04

Dougs Tompson here is the link Empty
PostSubject: Dougs Tompson here is the link   Dougs Tompson here is the link EmptyMon May 31, 2010 4:10 pm

dougswoodworking@aol.com

Has a new batch of lathe tools
Back to top Go down
djesde

djesde

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-01-04

PostSubject: Thompson Lathe Tools   Dougs Tompson here is the link EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm

Sorry last post is wrong. This is the wright one

http://www.thompsonlathetools.com/

David J Edwards
Back to top Go down
Dave W

Dave W

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Dougs Tompson here is the link   Dougs Tompson here is the link EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:19 pm

djesde wrote:
Sorry last post is wrong. This is the wright one

http://www.thompsonlathetools.com/

David J Edwards

Yep, just had a phone call about them coming in the other day. I could use a couple dollars right about now.
Back to top Go down
DougB

DougB

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Dougs Tompson here is the link   Dougs Tompson here is the link EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:19 am

I'm tempted to get one of the 1/2" bowl gouges, now that I have a lathe with a little more ummph. I would love one of the 1" scrapers, but am having a hard time letting go of that much $$$ for a scraper. The same with the 1" skew.
Back to top Go down
Dave W

Dave W

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Dougs Tompson here is the link   Dougs Tompson here is the link EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:54 am

Doug, get the 1/2" V bowl gouge, you'll love it.

As for the scraper and skew, I don't think I could ever justified the money on those.  Yeah the steel will last you a life time, but for the price he wants you could by 2 or 3 of any other brand, with handles  Very Happy   If you ever talk with Doug T, he'll tell you himself not to waste the money on them.  The only reason he makes them to begin with is to satisfy certain big pocket turners.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dougs Tompson here is the link   Dougs Tompson here is the link Empty

Back to top Go down

Dougs Tompson here is the link
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlestowne Woodturners  :: Charlestowne Woodturners Info and Resources :: Favorite Venders-
Jump to: