Charlestowne Woodturners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Charlestowne Woodturners

A club for those turning, or wanting to learn woodturning in the Charleston SC area.
The club meets at Hostetler Custom Cabinetry, 403 Fleming Road, Charleston SC, 29412. On the 3rd Wednesday night of each month from 6:30pm-9:00pm.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

clubmeeting tonight

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ddt

ddt

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-11-20

clubmeeting tonight Empty
PostSubject: clubmeeting tonight   clubmeeting tonight EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 10:44 pm

that was the best meeting this club has put on yet
i think taht a lot was done tonight and we are on the right track for the club to grow
lets not stop now and lets grow into a good club
thats my 2 cents worth
fred Razz 👽 👽 study
Back to top Go down
Dave W

Dave W

Number of posts : 290

PostSubject: Re: clubmeeting tonight   clubmeeting tonight EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 3:50 am

ddt wrote:
that was the best meeting this club has put on yet
i think taht a lot was done tonight and we are on the right track for the club to grow
lets not stop now and lets grow into a good club
thats my 2 cents worth
fred Razz 👽 👽 study

Only 2 cents Fred?, selling yourself short there lol!

I think a lot of good ideas came up. We will have some work ahead of us, but it will be worth it to see the outcome. Had another thought on the highway while talking with Dawn. In our last meeting, we had discussed about putting something turned up for sale at woodcraft as a way to generate money. Now I realize it may be a long shot, but we could do the same thing by posting said item on the forums here, and offering it up. As I said just a thought.
Back to top Go down
ddt

ddt

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: clubmeeting tonight   clubmeeting tonight EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 7:31 am

good thought we should try it
Back to top Go down
Southernlyon

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Reply to Doug S/ Last Thursday's meeting   clubmeeting tonight EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 2:59 am

I went ahead and responded to Doug S's question about how the meeting went on Yahoo Groups. Since this forum hasn't been made public yet, and there are probably still people that read the Yahoo Group, even if they don't post there, getting information out that way is still a good idea. I thik we would all like to see more than six people in attendence, so if we can get the word out every way we can... Be that as it may, a copy of the Yahoo Groups msg is as follows:

Last Thursday's meeting went well. There were six of us in attendence and we discussed some possible club activities for the future, tossed a lot of ideas around, and came up with a challenge for next month- Bring the turned Christmas tree ornament of your choice and your thoughts on what you want to get out of the club. We'll show and tell the ornaments, and round table the ideas so that for 2009 we'll have an idea of what we want to accomplish. I believe ( but don't quote me on this) that nominations for 2009 officers will be made at the next meeting with elections being in January.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
-Anna
Back to top Go down
http://www.southernlyondesigns.com
Dave W

Dave W

Number of posts : 290

PostSubject: Re: clubmeeting tonight   clubmeeting tonight EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 1:45 pm

Southernlyon wrote:
Last Thursday's meeting went well. There were six of us in attendence and we discussed some possible club activities for the future, tossed a lot of ideas around, and came up with a challenge for next month- Bring the turned Christmas tree ornament of your choice and your thoughts on what you want to get out of the club. We'll show and tell the ornaments, and round table the ideas so that for 2009 we'll have an idea of what we want to accomplish. I believe ( but don't quote me on this) that nominations for 2009 officers will be made at the next meeting with elections being in January.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
-Anna

Had a great Thanksgiving, hope yours was just as good!

As for the nominations, I'm hoping to get in touch with Charlie this weekend. I think in order to do this we realy need to have all of our members who still want to be part of this to attend. Hence, we need the list of the last know actives, so they can be told what is going on with the club. I can pretty much guess that most of them have never checked out the yahoo groups site, therefore they have no idea that we are pushing forward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: clubmeeting tonight   clubmeeting tonight Empty

Back to top Go down

clubmeeting tonight
Page 1 of 1